When you execute your code to register and fetch, you should see LiftIgniter's recommendations correctly render in the place that you intended for them to show up. You should verify:
- That the items are appearing with the CSS and HTML that you defined in your template and CSS files.
- That the items being rendered match the ones being recommended by LiftIgniter
- That the items are being rendered in the correct order
To check the items being returned and the rank order, you can add the following line as the first line of the $p("register") callback:
console.log(resp);// This should be the first line in the callback function
The field I need for my template isn't included in the data sent back from LiftIgniter.
- Make sure the data you need is being sent to us or can be scraped from the page. By default we collect OpenGraph tags - if you have additional data that you'll need in order to render the recommendations, there are several ways to get it into the item metadata.
- If the information is in the inventory, tell us which additional fields need to be returned in our response. We'll return the title, URL, and thumbnail image by default.
I'm not getting any items back in the recommendations, so there is nothing to render (or not enough items to completely fill the recommendation area).
- If you have a brand new account, we may not have a) enough items collected yet (you'll need to add our Beacon to your page first) or b) we've not configured your account's inventory regex - this allows items to be added only from specific domains or according to particular URL paths.
- If you are using "opts" in your widget register, there may not be any items that match the criteria you've selected. This can happen if you have conflicting filters, no recent items, or are using a custom rule value that has no match.
- By default we return 10 items - if you need more items to fill your widget area, make sure to include the "max" parameter with the number of items you'll need!
I'm getting recommendations, but items aren't being displayed at all or aren't in the correct place.
- You most likely have an incorrect or invalid selector for the display area. Make sure that the ID being used in the element is unique on the page so that it can be targeted correctly.
- Check for typos between the selector in our script and the ID you are using!
- Make sure if the selected area is nested that you have captured all layers of the nesting in the selector argument.