On 3/13/2018 LiftIgniter released new versions of our /model and /activity endpoints. These changes will allow us to more efficiently route requests and traffic within our model servers. We strongly recommend updating to the new version as soon as possible so that your requests can leverage our more efficient performance. We will be deprecating the existing v2 versions on June 1st 2018.
Please refer to our Postman collection and examples:
Import Link for Postman Collection: https://www.getpostman.com/collections/af52d5927db9db17d228.
URL Path Changes:
:userId is the user’s unique ID in the LiftIgniter system. If you are sending data to the /activity endpoint, you have probably assigned your own unique IDs to each user. If not, this will be the userID stored in the LiftIgniter cookie.
The Headers for your request must now include "x-api-key" : "Your API Key"
The "apiKey" and "userId" parameters in the JSON body are obsolete in v3, and should be removed.
1) What happens if I don’t have a userId (e.g. if requesting a general set of recommendations)?
A: The userId should be removed from the path if it is not available. Valid paths in this case are:
https://query.petametrics.com/v3/:jsk//model (empty path section)
https://query.petametrics.com/v3/:jsk/model (collapse path section completely)
Because the userId affects traffic routing, we strongly recommend that you do NOT use a placeholder value for the userId.
2) My userIds contain slashes or are otherwise not URL-safe - how should this be handled?
There is no detriment to updating to v3 in only one integration method, as it will not affect performance negatively. If you do not notify us that you have switched, we will migrate your JS beacon to use v3 on June 1st.
4) What exactly will happen on June 1st 2018 when v2 is deprecated?
5) We cannot migrate our code in time for June 1st - is it possible to extend the deadline for our account?
Please get in touch with our Support team ASAP - we will work with you to ensure a smooth transition.
6) Do I need to send an ID to the /user endpoint before sending activities or recommendation requests?
No - when a new userId is seen in the URL path of these endpoints, we will automatically begin generating a new behavior profile for that ID. You do not need to 'register' a userId in any way prior to sending recommendation requests to /model or events to the /activity endpoint.
7) We are only using the API to submit inventory items - is there anything I need to do?
No. Only the /model and /activity endpoints are affected by these changes. The /inventory and /user endpoints remain the same.