The Title and URL of a page often appear multiple times in an item's metadata. We give preference to the values of each field in the following order:
"title"as specified in the LiftIgniter JSON object in the page HTML.
- <meta property="og:title"> in the page HTML.
- The current <title></title> of the page.
"url"as specified in the LiftIgniter JSON object in the page HTML.
- The "href" field for <link rel=
canonical>in the page source.
- <meta property="og:url"> in the page HTML.
- The current URL of the page, after stripping out all query string tags (anything after a
?and/or # symbol)
Make sure that the canonical URL you specify for all versions of a page (mobile, social media sharing, etc) are consistent. LiftIgniter uses the URL as the unique identifier for each item. If you have multiple URLs for the same content, you may see both versions included in recommendations.